Forum Title: Coupling plastic sink drain to steel existing drain pipe
Hi all- I have a 1.5 inch drain in my kitchen which is leaking. I have a rubber coupling between the existing steel pipe which is soldered in place and in good condition and my plastic sink drain. The drain has a slip joint after the P trap, and flexes down to the waste. Basically I have a blunt end on either side. To solve that, I used a rubber coupling with hose clamps. It's code approved, but it continually leaked. I got it tight enough and it stopped for a while, now I see the cheap plastic drain has collapsed. Is there a better product to use? Ideally what it seems like I need is a short piece of pipe with slip joint on either side. Are those around?
Category: Plumber Post By: MARGIE RAMSEY (Elkhart, IN), 09/24/2016

if you would provide a picture,we could tell you what you need

- PEARL SCHWARTZ (Clifton, NJ), 10/14/2017

Emergency Plumbing & Rooter Service Companiess - For Homeowners & Businesses

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779